I have been involved in a plethora of activites as an undergrad and grad student. I taught the intro CS classes as a Section Leader, led dorm events as an Resident Assistant (RA) in Branner Hall, and organized events as part of the Stanford chapter of IEEE. I've also been a part of Basmati Raas and Stanford Alumni Mentoring.
Outside of the Computer Science world, I bake lots of eggless/vegan desserts, run around when I can (tennis, frisbee, and soccer), and look for decent Bollywood movies.
A smattering of my personal projects:
- basmatiraas.com: Design and implementation of our dance team website using AngularJS, Ruby on Rails, and Sass. Authentication through Stanford WebAuth, with ability to create/modify profiles and embed and comment on videos. Github
- Additt web and mobile: Our senior project to create 'Instagram for advertising'. Users create photo ads for brands using the mobile interface, and get rewarded based on crowd recognition. Both the web and mobile app were launched, but are not currently developed. Github
- Algorithm Helper: My very first Android application, a reference guide for common software interview questions and their accompanying algorithm. Github
- Picture Study: A quick exercise with the Flickr API. The idea is that you can leave the app running while you study, and every few seconds or minutes, it will show you a new picture of something you find agreeable (like pandas!). Github
- Hindi-English Inline Translator: A Firefox add-on which allows you to translate the selected Hindi text into English and vice versa.
- SNAP lab: Research Assistant with Jure Leskovec focused on increasing social engagement on simtk.org. Simtk.org is a site used by thousands of biomedical researchers who want to model physics-based simulation of biological structures.
- Facebook: Software Engineer intern focused on ranking text reviews on restaurant pages according to user relevance. Also worked on extracting meaningful portions of reviews for use in Facebook search.
- WalmartLabs: Member of Technical Staff intern focused on building a Ruby on Rails web app to visualize the trends in Walmart search data. Wrote hive scripts which imported data according to a cron job.
Get in touch if you have questions about Stanford, want to discuss start ups, or would like to say hi! I am also interested in freelance projects. The fastest way to reach me is through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find me on social media using the links at the top of the page. Or something more informal.