I'm a software engineer on Facebook Portal. I was at Pinterest for 2.5 years, where I primarily worked on the commerce product. I also worked at a recommender systems startup after spending 5 wonderful years at Stanford University studying Computer Science. In addition to Android, I like working on projects involving video, recommendation systems, or voice-based technology.
In my free time, I'm always in pursuit of vegan desserts. I build Android/iOS side projects, and I love helping people to code more (CS198 and Codepath). I also enjoy soccer, frisbee, and tennis.
You can sign up for email updates from me here: https://eepurl.com/cwh0Pf.
Some of my projects:
- Notate: Share thoughts at particular points in YouTube videos. Available on Web and iOS.
- Train: Groups up to 7 people and videos up to 7 seconds! Train is a fun and easy way to send videos to the people you care about. Available for Android on Google Play.
- Algorithm Helper: An Android app which explains algorithms and data structures in an intuitive way. Writing content for the app is my way of sharing some knowledge with interested folks. The content is on Github
- deebrief.com: Deebrief is a new way to share your thoughts on Youtube videos. Discover insightful comments and interesting questions at particular times in a video. Share some Deebriefs with your friends; we think you'll be surprised at how much better video sharing can be.
- basmatiraas.com: Design and implementation of our dance team website using AngularJS, Ruby on Rails, and Sass. Authentication through Stanford WebAuth, with ability to create/modify profiles and embed and comment on videos. Github
- Epulo: Borrow and supply ingredients! Built for our Human Computer Interaction (HCI) class in 2014, Epulo was created using Angular, Node.js, and PostgresQL, hosted by Heroku. Github
- Additt: Senior project (2013) to create 'Instagram for advertising'. Users create photo ads for brands using the mobile interface, and get rewarded based on crowd recognition. Both the web and mobile app were launched, but are not currently developed. Github
- Picture Study: A quick exercise with the Flickr API. The idea is that you can leave the app running while you study, and every few seconds or minutes, it will show you a new picture of something you find agreeable (like pandas!). Github
- Hindi-English Inline Translator: A Firefox add-on which allows you to translate the selected Hindi text into English and vice versa.
- Pinterest: Andrdoid and API engineer working on the commerce product.
- SNAP lab: Research Assistant with Jure Leskovec focused on increasing social engagement on simtk.org. Simtk.org is a site used by thousands of biomedical researchers who want to model physics-based simulation of biological structures.
- Facebook: Software Engineer intern focused on ranking text reviews on restaurant pages according to user relevance. Also worked on extracting meaningful portions of reviews for use in Facebook search.
- WalmartLabs: Member of Technical Staff intern focused on building a Ruby on Rails web app to visualize the trends in Walmart search data. Wrote hive scripts which imported data according to a cron job.
The fastest way to reach me is using this form. Find me on social media using the links at the top of the page, or take a look at something more informal.