I'm the cofounder of Taro: actionable career advice from engineers + managers at the world's best tech companies. Teaching and mentoring have been a big part of my career, and now it's a full-time mission with my cofounder Alex 💪🏽
- Since early 2020, I've published one video a week to help engineers navigate their career: youtube.com/rpandey1234
- I built and taught mobile dev curriculum for Codepath from 2017-2021
- I published a course about an Android networking library on LinkedIn Learning (If you send me a message, I can try to get you free access)
- At Stanford, I was a Section Leader teaching the intro CS classes
Previously, I worked at
Facebook Meta for 4.5 years as a Tech Lead and manager on various teams around video calling and dev infra. Before that, I was at Pinterest, and a founding engineer at Kosei, a RecSys startup acquired by Pinterest.
In my free time, I enjoy pickleball, baked goods, and teaching (sometimes all at once).
Want to learn more? I send an email with tactical career advice for software engineers every 2-3 weeks. You can join (along with 12,000 others) here.
- My Memory (Android): A customizable memory game, 100% free and open-source. Play one of the pre-defined games, or play a custom game created by you or a friend! YouTube tutorial
- EmojiStory (Android): Update and view emoji-only statuses. Look at someone's status and try to figure out what they're saying! YouTube tutorial
- COVID-19 Tracker (Android): A Robinhood-style COVID-19 tracker for the USA, showing both state and national data. YouTube tutorial
- Notate: Share thoughts at particular points in YouTube videos. Available on Web and iOS.
- Algorithm Helper: An Android app which explains algorithms and data structures in an intuitive way. The content is on Github
- Facebook: Tech lead on the Portal calling team, working with media and data signaling in Messenger calls.
- Stanford: Created and taught a new class focused on Android development: CS194A.
- Pinterest: Andrdoid and API engineer working on the commerce product.
- SNAP lab: Research Assistant with Jure Leskovec focused on improving recommendations on simtk.org, a hub for thousands of biomedical researchers.
- Facebook intern: Launched a ranking change for text reviews on pages according to user relevance.
- WalmartLabs intern: Built a Ruby on Rails web app to visualize the trends in Walmart search data using scheduled hive queries.
Find me on social media using the links at the top of the page, or take a look at something more informal.